Benefits of Yoga - Yotopia Private3 months ago - Services - City of London - 12 views
Yoga offers a wealth of benefits physically, mentally and emotionally. Yoga can:
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Aid weight loss
- Strengthen and tone
- Improve flexibility and suppleness
- Improve posture
- Improve joint mobility and bone health
- Enhance the metabolism
- Reduce cortisol levels (the stress hormone)
- Strengthen the nervous system, reducing long-term stress levels
- Increase serotonin and dopamine
- Reduce blood pressure
- Lower the pulse rate
- Massage internal glands and organs of the body, to help prevent disease
- Improve circulation and lymphatic drainage, helping the body to flush out toxins from the system
Hot Yoga offers additional benefits to traditional yoga:
- Detoxification: sweating on a regular basis allows the body to release toxins and waste from within providing room for vital nutrients and hydration. Be prepared to sweat in your hot yoga class!
- Healthy connective tissue: yoga opens the body’s connective tissue. Hot yoga enhances this process, allowing the body to stretch more fully, lubricate and renew, resulting in greater flexibility and energy
- Boosts immunity: viruses cannot survive in high temperatures, so increasing the body’s core temperature fights infections, which are pushed out through the sweat. Practicing hot yoga also increases the body’s production of white blood cells, which fight infection.
- Weight Loss: stretching deeper builds more muscle, which burns more fat. Hot yoga can result in weight loss. Diet also improves as the body craves healthier food when practicing regularly
- Stress release: the intense focus required in yoga helps to quieten the mind, resulting in greater focus, and clarity of thought. Working more deeply with the breath results in a more calm approach to life generally
We recommend practicing 2-3 times per week, although maintaining a consistent practice will benefit you most in the long term, so come as often as you want to achieve this goal.
It’s also great to explore different styles, because we believe one compliments another, and you’ll get a lot more out of your practice.